If you were employed as a UUP bargaining unit member at SUNY between September 1, 2013 and June 30, 2015 and are still on payroll, the repayment of Deficit Reduction Program withholding deducted during that period will begin on June 30, 2016 and continue for 39 pay periods. The DRP will be repaid in equal amounts. Because of the lag payroll the first repayment will be noticed in the July 27 paycheck. If you are on a 21 pay period cycle you will begin seeing the repayment in September. If you separate from State service before the end of the repayment period you will receive the remaining amount owed in one lump. The Deficit Reduction Program repayment is pensionable but is not included in the calculation of overtime. These monies are taxable income and are subject to all employment taxes and income taxes. Under the state’s Deficit Reduction Program for UUP, employees will be repaid the money owned to them, up to a total of seven days’ pay.
If you have any questions about the Deficit Reduction Program please contact UUP at 800-342-4206.
2% on-base increase
• All bargaining unit members will receive a 2 percent increase to their basic annual salary.
• Calendar-year and college-year employees on the payroll as of June 30 will receive the raise in July.
• Academic-year employees on the payroll as of June 30 will see their raise in September.
$500 on-base salary increase
• Bargaining unit members on the payroll as of June 30 will also receive an additional $500 to their basic annual salary. The funds, through the Chancellor’s Power of SUNY Award, will be paid no later than Dec. 31.
• We do not know the exact date for this payment, at this time. How ever, it will be retroactive to July 1 or Sept. 1, depending on the employee’s professional obligation and whether they are active on the payroll at the time of payment.
• Employees who worked at least one semester during the 12-month period commencing July 1, 2014 and whose employment ends prior to July 1, 2015 are eligible for the payment if they are reemployed and active on the payroll on the effective date of payment.
• Discretionary Salary Awards (DSA) will be allocated no later than Dec. 31 by campus presidents, who will decide when and how to distribute those funds. DSA, which makes up .5 percent of payroll, will not be added to base salary. It will be paid no later than Dec. 31.
• A specific portion of the DSA pool on each campus is earmarked for part-time employees.
• The state’s Deficit Reduction Program has ended. The value of 7 out of the 9 days extracted from your pay will be repaid beginning in June 2016.
• UUP’s contract with the state expires July 1, 2016.